Monday, May 11, 2009

Book Recommendations

Over the past month, I have read two incredibly good books. If you're looking for something to add to your summer reading list, I hope you'll consider one (if not both) of these works:

1) How (Not) To Speak Of God (Peter Rollins)

Rollins is a gifted philosopher and theologian. This book challenged several ideas and practices that I had been taking for granted. It can be kind of a dense read, but it will challenge your paradigm.



2) Columbine (Dave Cullen)
I don't know about you, but when the Columbine high school massacre happened in April of 1999, it had a tremendous effect on me. Not only were the shooters the same age as I was, but so were most of their victims. I have always been deeply curious about this specific event in our history, and this book explores all of the mysteries, issues, and misconceptions surrounding the tragedy. I cannot recommend this book highly enough.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

That Peter Rollins book looks good!